Get Your Questions Answered
Thinking of attending a worship service at Abounding Grace, but not sure what to expect? We realize that visiting a new church can be a little intimidating, so we’d like to answer some common questions.
Sunday Service starts at 10:00 am., and Thursday night Bible Study and Rooted Youth Group starts at 7:00 pm.
No, most people are not comfortable being asked to stand up. So while we at Abounding Grace are genuinely interested in getting to know you and want to make you feel welcome, we will not embarrass you in any way. You can relax and enjoy meeting people at your own pace.
Fill out the visitor card and take it to the Information Center after the service to receive a free gift.
Coffee is served after Service on Sunday in the Lobby. It is a great opportunity to get to know people and ask questions in an informal manor.
We are more concerned about you, rather than what you wear. While the Bible teaches us to dress modestly, it doesn’t specify exactly what to wear. It doesn’t matter if you dress up or wear jeans. Wear what you believe is modest and appropriate for church.
Although “labeling” is not what we are about, we realize that most people want to know “what kind of church we are”. Simply put, we are a Non-denominational, Evangelical, Sprit-filled church. Our congregation is a multi-cultural, multi-generational gathering of Christian believers. We are warm, friendly, outgoing, and love the Lord with all our hearts.
- Sunday morning: Worship at 10am. Free coffee is available after the service.
- Thursday evening: Bible Study at 7:00pm is our midweek service. Stroll in early for coffee and light refreshments. Take the opportunity to get to know others in a casual atmosphere. Bible Study lasts for 1 approximately 1 hour.
- Thursday evening: Rooted Youth Group for students in 7th-12th grade, also meet at this time in our “gym”. Rooted Youth runs from 7:00 – 8:30pm.Pizza or subs are provided at no cost.
- Nursery starts at 10:00 am for ages 6 months-35 months. We provide a safe, cozy nursery for infants and toddlers.
- Little Lights for children from the age of 3 years to Kindergarten begins at 10:00.
- Kid’s Church -Students in grades 1 – 6 have class on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Sundays of each month. The 4th and 5th weeks, the students attend the adult service. This way they have the opportunity to experience Contemporary Praise & Worship and participate in Communion if their parents feel they are ready. We believe in training up children not only in instruction, but also by example.
We provide fun, hands-on Bible lessons and activities every Sunday morning designed especially to help children learn the truths of the Bible. Our children’s ministry leaders and teachers value every child and treat them with the utmost care and attention.
Our anointed and talented worship team provide passionate, and contemporary style of music. You will hear guitars, keyboards, vocalists and drums. Seriously, music is so personal, and everyone has a favorite style, so you can’t please everyone. We’re just trying to be led by the Holy Spirit and bring people closer to the Lord. We are a contemporary-styled church, but we value the “old hymns” as well. So again, we strive for our music to be real – a reflection of our hearts for God.
You’ll see people with hands raised worshipping the Lord. At AGCC, we believe that children learn by example. Therefore, students in grades 1-6 attend the adult service, on the 4th and 5th Sundays, where they will also have the opportunity to take communion if their parents so desire.
At Abounding Grace, it is our sincere desire to share God’s Word in all its truth without watering anything down, but to do it in love, and in ways that are interesting, engaging and relevant to your daily life.
While the Bible certainly does convict us of our sin in order to point out our lost condition, the over-arching theme of the entire Bible is God’s unconditional love for all humankind, as is shown by God sending His precious Son, Jesus, to pay the price for our sin.
If you attend one of our services, you will hear the truths of God’s Word presented passionately, clearly, and lovingly in ways that will make sense to you. But why not find out for yourself? Listen online now!